Angela Myers, tagged me for The Next Big Thing, a series of blogs by authors from many different genres and parts of the country—or world. Each author answers the same ten questions. Below, read my answers:
1) What is the working title of your next book? (or it can be your latest release)
The title of one of my latest releases is Skin Deep.
2) Where did the idea for the book come from?
The idea for Skin Deep came from a love of werewolves, magic, and wanting to get a black panther tattoo.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Skin Deep is a steamy paranormal romance.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
If I were to cast it into a movie, I know Connor O'Reilly would be Channing Tatum. Angelique Trinette would be Amanda Seyfried except with dark hair.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Passions sizzle even between a feline and a wolf...
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Skin Deep was published by Etopia Press.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
It took me thirteen days to write the first draft of Skin Deep.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I'm really not sure. I haven't read any other stories like this one.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I first took the leap because a publisher put out a call for submissions that fit this story perfectly, so I knew it'd be a great time to write it with that opportunity there. But in the end, Angelique and Connor made the story. They inspired me.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?
Angelique had no idea her black panther tattoo would force her to abandon the love of her life—Connor O’Reilly—but she’s determined to keep him safe no matter how much it hurts. Her tattoo doubles as her feline familiar: loving, protective, dangerous, and with a life of its own. It’s also her deepest secret and draws enemies who desire its power for themselves.
Connor has no idea why Angelique left him, but he’s determined to win her back. As a werewolf, he has secrets of his own. Now his alpha is ready to force him to pair with an ex-girlfriend he can’t stand unless he can find Angelique and claim her as his mate. But even as their secrets threaten to keep them apart, hidden enemies seek to destroy their chance at love forever.
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Skin-Deep-Feral-Ink-ebook/dp/B00A3Y9RTI/
Barnes & Noble - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/skin-deep-sarah-makela/1113767080?ean=2940015912227
Kobo - http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Skin-Deep/book-GQv0RrtoWE2aY5mvN5yDfg/page1.html?s=WNPRhL3IFka_MrNhOBHM6A&r=1
All Romance eBooks - http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-skindeep-995118-139.html
I was 47 years young when I realized…
1 week ago